Friday, June 12, 2009

(7/20) Canton with my kids....






Near my store in Canton is "The Mountain"...it's a hill with lots of quaint shops built along very winding roads. During First Monday, the shops are open and there are plenty of people wandering around...looking for that one-of-a-kind item, enjoying homemade pies and funnel cakes, or listening to live music at one of several outdoor stages. During other times, however, this area is deserted...the shops are closed and everything is shut down...waiting for the next First Monday event.
On Monday, I needed to get some items for my store, so I loaded up the kids (after horse camp) and we drove 1 1/2 hrs to Canton. They don't mind going, they enjoy looking through the store and there's lots of empty pavilions for them to ride their bikes and scooters. After loading my van with everything I needed...we took their scooters and headed for the mountain...I thought the last time they brought their bikes it was bad....that was nuttin' baby..........
To be continued...

No comments: