Monday, March 9, 2009

(6/20) Stock Show Rodeo

In February, I took the girls to the Stock Show Rodeo. I purchased our tickets through an online-service...getting "best available". They were on the very tip-top row of the coliseum...the guy next to me actually had to duck to stand up or he'd hit his head on the steel supports. Despite this...we really had a great time and were although high up...our seats were in a great, middle of the arena, location.

Getting ready for the rodeo to start....I adore these 2 sweet faces.






I love the grand entry....I rode in it myself quite a few times "back in the day"...riding with the J-D Riding Club. One thing I always love is the respect given the American Flag...when the National Anthem begins....when the flag is carried around the arena...people stop talking, take off their hats and bow their heads...something you don't always see in today's world.


The excitement begins....I was excited to see my camera actually took pretty decent pictures from our seats in the nose-bleed section.


After enjoying the rodeo (and nachos, cotton candy and tamales) the girls and I headed down to the midway for some rides and...some funnel cake. K is brave and wanted to try the bigger rides...Avery is more timid and wanted to stay with the smaller rides. They settled for the Tea Cups, Merry-Go-Round and finally, a ride on the choppers. We had a great time and the girls were sound asleep on top of each other about 5 minutes into the trip home. Needless to say, the ride back was much quieter than the ride getting there.

No comments: